Your trusted website migration services partner
Your online presence matters. So, when it comes to relocating your website, you need website migration services that ensure no hiccups, no missed opportunities, and no disruptions. At Pages That Convert, we believe you deserve a seamless move — one where your content and brand values are maintained or enhanced.
With a proven track record and over 30 years of migration experience under our belt, we’ve successfully assisted countless brands like yours in making smooth transitions online. But we’re not just a migration service. We’re your partner in this journey, crafting online strategies that speak to your customers and elevate your brand.
Imagine a migration process that’s transparent, stress-free, and laser-focused on results. That’s what you’ll experience with us.
Take the next step in your online journey. Discover a brighter online future with our dedicated migration services.
What is a website migration?
Think of website migration as relocating your online home. It’s about shifting your website from one place to another, making sure everything still works, your search engine ranking stays strong, and your visitors feel right at home.
Whether it’s a domain change, hosting provider, content management system, or structural overhaul, the aim is to transition without losing your online identity.
At Pages That Convert, we’re your expert movers in the digital realm. Our commitment? A seamless transition, guaranteeing zero downtime and minimal disruption to your online presence.
Why would I need a website migration?
Top 10 reasons for a website migration
Website migrations are not just about change. They’re about evolution, growth, adaptability, and staying ahead of the curve.
Here are ten compelling reasons why people seek our website migration services:
- Rebranding: A new domain name to reflect your evolving brand identity.
- Enhanced security: Moving from HTTP to HTTPS with SSL certificate implementation.
- Technology upgrade: Migrating to a more advanced or higher efficiency content management system (CMS).
- Architectural changes: Structural adjustments leading to URL changes.
- Content optimization: Pruning or consolidating content for efficiency.
- Web hosting relocation: Switching hosting providers for improved performance or better handling of higher traffic and resource demands.
- Redesign and rebuild: Revamping your website’s look and functionality.
- Domain registrar change: Transferring domain registration to a new provider.
- DNS update: Altering nameservers or DNS zone file records.
- Hybrid requirements: Combining two or more of the above for comprehensive migration.
Types of website migration
Website migrations come in various forms, each tailored to specific needs. At Pages That Convert, we offer a wide range of migration services, ensuring your online transition is smooth, efficient, and tailored to your unique requirements.
Domain/sub-domain URL migration
Seamless URL transition for a new online identity
Domain and sub-domain URL migration is about transitioning smoothly from your current web address to a new one. Whether you’re rebranding, updating your online identity, or making structural changes, this migration ensures that your website remains accessible to your audience.
Top-level domain migration
Preserve your online presence across domains
Top-level domain migration involves moving from one top-level domain (TLD) to another while retaining your online presence. This type of migration is often chosen when businesses want to adapt their web addresses to new TLDs, providing fresh branding opportunities and ensuring consistency in their online identity.
Enhanced security with HTTPS and SSL
Protocol migration is all about upgrading your website’s security by transitioning from HTTP to HTTPS and implementing SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates. This critical step not only boosts the security of your website but also assures visitors that their data is transmitted securely.
Content Management System (CMS) migration
Streamlined CMS transition for optimal performance
CMS migration can take two forms:
- Same CMS Type to Same CMS Type: If you want to migrate your website from one instance of a CMS to another, such as WordPress to WordPress, we ensure a seamless transition while preserving your website’s look, feel, and functionality.
- Clone Migration/Rebuild: In cases where a CMS change is necessary, such as moving from Joomla to WordPress, we have the expertise to rebuild your website from scratch while retaining your essential content and optimizing it for the new platform.
Efficient content transfer and organization
Content migration involves transferring your website’s content from one location to another. This process can lead to content pruning or consolidation, ensuring that your website’s content remains relevant and efficiently organized during the migration.
Web hosting migration
Seamless transition to a new hosting provider
Web hosting migration entails moving your website from one hosting provider to another. Our team handles the entire process, ensuring minimal downtime and a smooth transition to a new hosting environment that suits your needs.
Revamp your online presence with a redesign
Our redesign migration services are the answer if your website requires a fresh look and improved functionality. We rebuild your website to meet modern design standards, ensuring a seamless transition while enhancing user experience and visual appeal.
Domain registrar migration
Effortless transition to a new domain registrar
Domain registrar migration involves transferring your domain registration from one provider to another. We handle the entire process, ensuring a hassle-free transition and continued domain management convenience.
Efficient DNS record updates
DNS migration involves updating nameservers and other DNS zone file records. We ensure your DNS settings are correctly configured to maintain uninterrupted web services.
Preserve Your SEO Investment
SEO migration is crucial to maintaining your hard-earned search engine visibility and rankings. This type of migration focuses on ensuring that your website’s SEO fitness remains strong throughout the transition process.
Comprehensive solutions tailored to your needs
Your migration project may require a combination of two or more of the above types. Our hybrid migration solutions are designed to provide a comprehensive approach to meet your unique requirements, ensuring a seamless transition that aligns with your business goals.
Each migration service we offer is executed precisely, ensuring your online presence remains robust and adaptable. At Pages That Convert, we’re committed to making your website migration a success, no matter the complexity of your needs.
SEO migration considerations
Your website isn’t merely a digital presence — it’s the heartbeat of your online identity.
Website migrations have inherent challenges, particularly concerning Search Engine Optimization (SEO). However, with our expertise, we ensure that your website’s SEO fitness remains strong throughout the migration process, preserving your organic visibility and rankings.
Preserving your SEO during migration
By selecting our hybrid website migration with integrated SEO focus, trust that your SEO health and user experience remain our top priorities every step of the way.
Here’s a summary of how we guarantee a smooth shift, all while keeping your organic presence intact:
- Current site crawl and SEO audit: We begin with a comprehensive crawl and SEO audit of your existing website. This involves a full-page inventory and scoring on-page and technical SEO metrics, identifying areas needing attention.
- Comprehensive redirect mapping lists: Our experts meticulously create and implement redirect mapping lists to ensure that every old URL seamlessly redirects to the new URL. This step prevents the loss of valuable backlink equity and maintains the flow of organic traffic.
- Link checking: We perform thorough link checks to ensure that internal and external links are correctly maintained during the migration. Broken links can negatively impact user experience and SEO.
- 4xx/5xx Page load error checking: We promptly identify and address any 4xx or 5xx page load errors after migration, ensuring that users and search engines encounter minimal disruption.
- Duplicate content analysis: Duplicate content can harm your SEO. We conduct detailed research and identify this content.
- Page canonicalization: We can implement canonical tags to guide search engines in understanding the preferred version of a page when content exists in multiple locations. This helps prevent duplicate content from inadvertently affecting your SEO fitness.
- Sitemap rebuilds and verification: We reload and verify your sitemap with major search engines like Google and Bing to ensure they index your new URLs promptly, preserving your online visibility.
- Keyword mapping list/verification: We map and verify keywords to their respective pages to ensure your website’s content remains optimized for search without keyword cannibalization issues. This process helps maintain your ranking for valuable keywords.
- Migrated site crawl and SEO audit: After the migration, we conduct another thorough crawl and SEO audit of your migrated site. This final step ensures that all aspects of your website’s SEO are fully optimized, and any potential issues are addressed proactively.
Here’s how a website migration can affect your SEO health:
- Improved security: Transitioning to HTTPS with SSL certificates enhances security and can positively influence search rankings.
- Performance boost: Migrating to a new hosting provider or optimizing your website’s structure can improve site speed, a known ranking factor.
- Cleaner URL structures: Structural migration often involves creating cleaner URL structures, which can improve user experience and SEO.
- Content optimization: Improving content for relevancy, readability, and targeting topically relevant keywords matching search intent can significantly improve your page’s organic traffic.
- Temporary ranking fluctuations: It’s common to see temporary volatility in search rankings during a migration. However, our proactive measures minimize the impact, and rankings typically stabilize quickly.
- Broken links and redirection issues: Failure to maintain proper redirects can result in broken links, negatively affecting user experience and SEO.
- Keyword ranking changes: Keyword rankings may experience fluctuations as search engines adapt to the changes. Our keyword mapping helps mitigate this risk.
- Content loss or duplication: If lost or duplicate content issues arise, they can lead to SEO problems. Our analysis and identification processes prevent this.
At Pages That Convert, we safeguard your digital presence. Our pledge? A flawless website transition that upholds unwavering SEO strength. With meticulous care, we minimize potential pitfalls and amplify the advantages of your website migration, preserving your hard-earned online visibility and rankings.
Website migration is a technical and multifaceted operation that requires meticulous planning and execution. It’s like assembling a jigsaw puzzle — every piece must fit perfectly to reveal the complete picture. Without a well-structured plan and precise implementation, the migration can cause unforeseen disruptions, loss of rankings, and frustrated site visitors.
To mitigate these risks, a comprehensive migration checklist is essential. It provides a clear framework, detailing each phase of the process and ensuring consistency and clarity throughout the migration.
Why use a migration checklist?
A migration checklist is your roadmap to success, guiding the meticulous planning and execution of every element of the migration. It’s not just a list of tasks; it’s a strategic tool that helps deliver the project correctly, reducing the risk of unforeseen issues and ensuring a smooth transition.
Here’s why a migration checklist is indispensable:
- Correct order of operations: A migration checklist outlines critical steps in the correct sequence. This prevents hasty decisions that can lead to errors and disruptions.
- Risk mitigation: By systematically checking off tasks, you minimize the potential pitfalls and risks associated with website migration.
- Efficiency: It streamlines the process, saving time and resources and reducing the impact on site visitors.
- Documentation: A checklist serves as a documented record of the migration process, facilitating communication and accountability within your team.
Pitfalls of not using a migration checklist
Without a migration checklist, you risk facing unexpected problems that can harm your online presence and business goals.
Here are some common issues:
- Disrupted user experience: Without a checklist, you risk disruptions to the user experience, potentially causing frustration and a loss of trust among your site visitors.
- Loss of rankings: Failing to follow a structured plan can plummet search engine rankings, erasing your hard-earned visibility.
- Missed steps: Vital tasks may be overlooked, such as implementing redirects or ensuring the correct configuration of the new site structure.
- Data loss: Without careful planning, data loss can occur, including content, metadata, and valuable insights.
- Extended downtime: Your site may experience prolonged downtime, leading to loss of revenue and customer engagement.
Essential steps in the migration checklist
A well-designed migration checklist includes a series of essential steps that must be executed with precision.
Here’s a glimpse of what our checklists encompass across the various migration types:
- Pre-migration planning and assessment.
- Analyse slow periods or seasonal variations where traffic may be lower and any migration would have a lower impact on site visitors.
- Benchmark all traffic, rankings, site speed, Google Search Console (GSC) data, and more to give a clear before-and-after picture.
- Run on-page and technical SEO audits on your current or previous site to identify areas for improvement.
- Crawl and map out site URLs to ensure all content is accounted for and correctly redirected.
- Map out keyword usage to guide content optimization on the new site.
- Content and database backups.
- Backup DNS Zone data.
- Use a staging server or sandbox environment to deploy and thoroughly test the migration and before making DNS changes to bring the migrated site into live production.
- Implement URL changes as required to reflect the new site structure.
- Update internal links to maintain a seamless navigation experience.
- Configure any necessary redirects to ensure old URLs point to the correct new locations.
- Rebuild and resubmit sitemaps to major search engines for prompt indexing of the new URLs.
- Monitor traffic during and after the migration to detect and address any anomalies promptly.
- Test all navigation and links to ensure they function correctly.
- UI/UX testing.
- Identify and rectify any 4xx/5xx errors that may arise during the migration.
- Check Google Search Console (GSC) and Google Analytics data for any errors or discrepancies.
- Correct any GSC errors to ensure proper indexing and search engine visibility.
- Rerun on-page and technical SEO audits to verify that the new site maintains or improves its SEO health.
- Continous monitoring post migration.
- Post migration support.
A migration checklist is your safeguard against chaos and a guarantee of a successful website migration.
At Pages That Convert, we consider every step, ensuring that your migration is harmonious, preserving your online presence and customer satisfaction.
WordPress website migration services
Pages that Convert is your trusted WordPress migration partner.
With your site on WordPress, you’re in capable hands. At Pages That Convert, WordPress migrations are our forte, and our seasoned team has dedicated years to mastering WordPress projects.
Whether you’re migrating to or from WordPress, trust us to execute the process flawlessly and deliver results that exceed your expectations.
Website migration pricing
Every migration project is unique and will require an initial discovery call and website investigation prior to commencement. Given the intricate variables involved, the pricing tables below serve as a preliminary guide. They offer a general idea of potential costs and their inclusions.
WordPress to WordPress migration
Other CMS or web platform to WordPress migration
It is possible to carry out clone migrations for the Content Management Systems or platforms listed below. Still, due to the often complex nature and requirements of these types of migrations, we would need to offer a custom/bespoke estimation after a discovery call and thorough investigation.
We can assist with the following types of cross-CMS migration:
- Joomla to WordPress migration
- Magento to WordPress migration
- Drupal to WordPress migration
- HubSpot CMS to WordPress migration
- Squarespace to WordPress migration
- Wix to WordPress migration
- Shopify to WordPress migration
- Weebly to WordPress migration
Domain registrar migration
Website migration frequently asked questions
How long does it take to migrate a website?
There’s no real one-size-fits-all answer. Many determining factors can affect how long it takes. Such as:
- What type(s) of migration is/are required
- How large the website is
- Speed of internet at web hosts or available bandwidth per connection
- Available resources on the web hosting servers
- Time required for DNS changes and any propagation
- Does the website contain any bespoke development or platform-specific code
- Compatibility issues or problems
- Time aside for testing migration success
To give some indication, you could expect a simple WordPress to WordPress migration to be completed in a few hours. Maybe half a day.
Conversely, more complex or specific hybrid migrations might take several weeks with migration and administration time.
To give a more accurate estimate of the migration steps and duration, we would need to discuss your project requirements and closely examine your current setup. Please get in touch with us to arrange a discovery call.
Can I choose to migrate only certain parts of my website, or is it an all-or-nothing process?
Yes. Consolidating or pruning certain parts of the website may be conducted as part of the migration exercise.
Are there any specific requirements or preperations I need to make before starting a website migration?
It’s always prudent to ensure you have a safe, complete backup of your entire site and any DNS configuration before starting any migration project. This safeguards the website configuration and state and will give you a restore point if anything goes wrong during the migration.
A well-planned migration with careful consideration of all the moving parts rarely goes wrong. But you should always factor in a safe exit strategy with a full recovery option, in case it does, as part of the migration plan.
In addition to any backups, you should obtain server details and any login credentials you would need to provide your website migration specialist or team.
How do you handle the transfer of email accounts and data during a web hosting migration?
Email migration is a separate thing from website migration.
Not every website migration requires email migration. You do not need to migrate both if you are happy with your email hosting and service.
Some clients leave their email provider and service as it is but migrate their website. Other clients are looking for a clean break and want to migrate everything.
Pages That Convert does offer email migration services if this interests you, but we treat them as a separate project.
Do Pages That Convert offer web hosting?
Please see our web hosting services page for more details.
If you want to migrate your WordPress website to us from another hosting provider, our migration service from your current web hosting provider is half the standard migration fee, at only $75!
Do I need to be a customer with a PagesThatConvert designed website??
No, not at all!
This service is open to everyone, even if you’re not already a client. So, contact us to discuss how we can help you.
Do you offer ongoing support and maintenance services after the website migration is complete?
If you are our new web hosting customer, then ongoing support is part of that web hosting service.
In addition, there is further enhanced support if you subscribe to any of our web maintenance and security services.
For clients whom we help to migrate their websites to 3rd party hosting providers, there is support available for anything relating to that migration for three months following the migration.