The number of mobile device users is growing by the day, and so are their expectations. Most people now use smartphones and tablets to search for businesses like yours. So if your site looks less than perfect on every device, prospects will leave and you can’t afford that!
You need responsive web design services to guarantee a perfect, consistent user experience on any device, no matter the screen size or resolution. With our web design you’ll always look good, no matter what.
If you want to keep up with the competition, you need to add responsive web design services to your business strategy.
We are a WordPress design agency
Responsive design and WordPress. It’s a winning combination.
There are many web design solutions out there, but none of them can match WordPress for customizability, ease of use, and having a wide variety of features. That’s why WordPress powers almost 40% of all today’s 1.3 billion websites, and that number is constantly growing.
A huge reason for using WordPress is the development and support for 3rd party plugins. No matter the task, feature, or design element that you need, WordPress has a plugin.
We can design or incorporate everything you need into a WordPress-powered website.
You’ll be impressed at the plethora of themes, layouts and styles we offer to create a website that looks professional and unique. We work hard to ensure that the final product meets all your expectations of functionality and visual aesthetics.
Our websites follow an essential core design, and feature the following pages:
- Home page
- Contact page
- About page
- Services or Products page (or both)
- Blog page
If you prefer something different, let’s chat. It’s your website and we can tailor everything precisely to your requirements. Plus, you can purchase additional pages, features, or bespoke layouts as required.
Add-on pages or services
If you have additional page or feature requirements, we can incorporate these into a personally tailored, bespoke package.
Talk to us if you need specific functionality for your site. If there’s a plugin available, we’ll track it down, test it for suitability, and incorporate it into your site.
If WordPress has no solution, then we can look at custom-order web application development, especially for you. Almost anything is possible!
Just let us know in the web design client questionnaire!
Web design pricing
Web design process
Our process is straightforward. Here’s what you can expect:
- After you contact us, we’ll send you a client questionnaire with our initial questions about your project.
- We review your answers and schedule a call to discuss your requirements.
- We create a formal design proposal, which you approve.
- Both parties sign an agreement, and you pay a 50% deposit of the total fee.
- We procure and spin up your hosting environment, and our designers begin working their magic.
- You’ll have access to our design workflow and project management system so we can communicate, and you can track progress and interact with our designers as the project evolves.
- We’ll agree on your site branding and discuss design ideas. You’ll provide us with the site assets to appear on your website.
- We’ll commence any required bespoke design assets.
- We complete a design guide and review this with you.
- We build your website and deliver the 1st draft.
- You revise and sign off the site design.
- A further 25% of your fees are due ahead of the site launch.
- We launch the site into the public domain, and everyone takes a celebratory drink and a moment to reflect on our journey so far. We’re almost home!
- During the following two weeks, you can request up to five minor tweaks to content or layout within our agreed contractual scope.
- After the two weeks, the project is deemed “complete and delivered,” and any balance outstanding of our agreed fee becomes due.
- You’ll receive your WordPress login details so you can edit and contribute to the site.
- You’re now in the ongoing maintenance phase and can action any change requests per our ongoing contractual arrangements.
- You can now proudly share your newly designed site, and we chalk up another successfully delivered project. Our ongoing business relationship is only just starting, and we look forward to our strategic partnership in your growth. Welcome aboard!
Web design – Frequently asked questions
How long will it take to design my site from start to finish?
The time frame depends on several factors:
- How many pages our designers are tasked to create.
- How complex those pages are.
- How readily available your site assets are or how quickly you can make them.
- How quickly you can respond and action tasks we assign to you in our project management and design workflow system.
- How quickly you can feedback to us when we ask you questions or need information.
- The number and complexity of any third-party plugins/themes we have to test and incorporate into the design and site.
- Any third parties over which we have no control that may be involved in the project deliverables.
There is no simple answer to the question as each project is unique.
But here’s a yardstick answer. Say you order an ‘Essentials’ package. You’ve got all your site assets ready to go and plug straight in, and you’re responsive to our questions and requests. In this case, we can usually turn a project around, start to finish in 2 – 4 weeks from the initial 50% downpayment.
By comparison, if clients are outstanding on their obligations, projects may take substantial time to complete.
Active projects may be parked until missing components or information is provided, and we can continue.
Our designers are only ever assigned a maximum of two active design projects simultaneously to ensure that they have enough resources and availability to fulfill the tasks and meet their due dates.
What happens if I change my mind about the design partway through a project?
We understand. It’s human nature to change course sometimes.
It depends on how far we’ve come as to how easy it is to restart.
There are key milestones in every project, and we ask you to sign off and approve the design at certain junctures before we continue.
Once we cross these milestones, a significant amount of design time and work has been contributed to the project.
While we have no problem changing direction, there may be applicable fees. Our design workflow and project management system tracks time spent for each task, and any time spent on an abandoned design or brief would need to be billed and settled in full before we restart.
For this reason, we ensure the initial planning stages and milestones are agreed upon before we commence each step.
What types of add-on pages do you offer besides the essentials?
There are many different pages our clients ask us to develop. To name a few examples:
- Shopping carts, checkouts, and payment gateway integrations
- Sales landing pages
- Sales funnels
- Membership areas
- Photo galleries
- Online courses
- User forums
Can I choose different pages from standard to include in my Essentials?
Sure. Providing we are simply exchanging one standard type of page for another.
For example, some clients would rather not have a ‘blog’ page and prefer to exchange it for a ‘careers’ page to list any current job vacancies.
As long as we are not exchanging a standard type page for something considerably more complex (for example, an online shop), we are probably good to go. Just let us know of your requirements in the initial questionnaire.
We can also quote for additional pages outside of the web design packages listed above.
Can we use a WordPress theme I've found?
More than likely. Let us know what you’ve seen in the web design questionnaire, and we’ll investigate. As long as it’s compatible with the latest version of WordPress and our page builders, we can look to design your site using the theme you like.
How do we communicate and monitor progress throughout the project?
We use a clever project management tool to keep track of tasks, milestones, and staff resources. We can understand who is allocated specific tasks and when these are scheduled for completion. It’s a great way to manage and nurture our projects and collaborate effectively to meet deadlines.
We’ll give you access to this platform so you can track progress and communicate with us about your project.
What payment methods does PagesThatConvert.com accept?
Our central billing and invoicing platform will issue invoices to your email address. You can settle your account by debit card, credit card, PayPal, or bank transfer.
Because we have a banking presence on most continents, bank transfers in multi-currencies are also available.
What data or assets do I need to provide to complete my website?
You’ll need to provide us with the copy (the written text), images, videos, photos, and any other digital content that you’d like to be featured on the website. This is your opportunity to present your voice, message, and brand to the audience your website will serve.
It’s best to have this ready for our designers at the earliest opportunity. We need these elements to understand how to design a layout that looks great on both desktop and mobile devices.
A design layout for a page with 100 words and two images is considerably different compared to a page containing 5000 words and 20 images. So we need to understand this before we start building the page.
What is a stock image?
A stock image is a ready-to-use photo that’s made available under license to the public. Sometimes, you need to pay to use the image, or they may be free to use under the guidelines set out in the license.
There are many online providers where you can obtain stock images.
What icons are available for use as part of the essentials package?
We have a range of 360 icons to use on your website as part of the essentials package. Below is an image of the available icons.
We can also source, design, or provide alternative icons for an additional fee.
Where can I find additional icons to use on my site?
Many stock image sites also offer icons. Again, these are often under license, so they could be free or require a fee to download and use.
Alternatively, you can hire us to design or procure additional icons. However, finding and creating new icons is a time-consuming exercise, and we will charge as appropriate.
Where can I find free artwork and photos to use on my site?
You need to source any images that you use on your website carefully. Copying images found on Google might infringe on the owner’s copyright. So you must ensure you have permission or license to use any images you download for your website.
There are some free resources available for public use and General Commons License. These are:
If you cannot find a photo you require, you could also consider taking your own if you have a good eye for a photo or hiring a professional photographer.
Any images you use must be of a professional standard as they portray your business and brand. Substandard photos have the potential to turn people away from your website, so we always strive to use the best images possible.
PagesThatConvert also has accounts with several paid-for services to obtain images for you for an additional cost.
What is an email opt-in and subscriber list?
Email opt-ins and subscriber lists are a fantastic way to build your business. An email opt-in is the first step in creating an email subscriber list. Also known as a lead magnet, it’s a marketing method to obtain visitors’ contact details.
An email subscriber list is a list of people who have opted to receive emails from you.
The opt-in process can be as simple as joining a mailing list, entering their email on your website, signing up for your newsletter, or filling out the form on your blog’s sidebar.
Email marketing is one of the most cost-effective ways to increase sales and traffic because it allows you to hyper-target specific audiences with targeted messages.
It also provides data that helps marketers understand how their campaigns perform and where they need adjustments in future campaigns.