PremiumHealthContent.com is the go-to destination for exceptional copy and content for the health industry. It’s the brainchild of Zia Sherrell, a master freelance copywriter who features in top online publications. Their expertise spans the entire wellness spectrum, but their true passion and specialty lies in the world of CBD and medical cannabis.
The Premium Health Content website provides information on content and copywriting services offered, relevant industry news articles, and serves as a portfolio showcasing past work.
Project requirements / challenges
When the owner first launched Premium Health Content, they chose the Weebly web hosting platform as their starting point. While it initially served its purpose of establishing an online presence, the business has since grown beyond those humble beginnings.
As business began to gain traction, it became apparent that the website needed to evolve and keep pace with growth. It needed more sophisticated features and greater operational capabilities to meet the demands of a rapidly expanding client base.
Weebly seemed like the logical choice for implementing the necessary upgrades, but the costs of purchasing add-on services and limitations in functionality soon became apparent. Furthermore, the platform couldn’t provide the functionality and flexibility required with its limited services.
The increasing costs, limited features, and restricted capabilities of staying with Weebly as the web hosting provider and platform started to outway its advantages.
In addition, Zia wanted to optimize the site for increased topical relevance, targeting visitors in her niche to drive more traffic.
Our brief for this redesign and relaunch project contained the following key requirements:
- Migrate the website away from the Weebly platform, giving back control to the owner.
- Manage and oversee the transfer and reconfiguration of all DNS records required for the domain and it’s associated services.
- Develop and deploy a WordPress environment and a web hosting solution that lowers ongoing operational costs and increases the ability to make limitless customizations to the site.
- Conduct thorough keyword research to highlight any opportunities for content targeting.
- Conduct an analysis of direct competitors in the same industry.
- Develop, coordinate, and evolve a solid SEO strategy for the website’s deployment and ongoing success.
- Redesign, restyle, and refresh the website’s look and feel, including the additional functionality:
- Email subscription system to ongoing newsletter
- Lead magnet with email subscription
- Toolset to monitor progress from ongoing SEO efforts
- Google Analytics integration to monitor core traffic metrics and audience engagement
- Social proof of business achievements and client feedback
- Client projects pages and business portfolio
- Pricing tables for service offerings and products
- Responsive layout for portable devices
- Review and implement security processes to ensure the site is up and available 99.9% of the time and to prevent unauthorized access to any administration controls.
- To follow SEO white-hat design and configuration best practices, and to reinvigorate growth with organic search.
- Offer ongoing assistance and support with design, back-end, maintenance and hosting technologies.
- Provide ongoing SEO strategy and efforts to ensure continued growth and dominance within the niche.
Project deliverables and results
Below is an overview on how we helped deliver value to PremiumHealthContent.com with tangible results.
Results for the business
- Transfered away domain registration from Weebly
- Changed DNS Zone data
- Migrated away from the Weebly web hosting platform under tight time constraints as needed a quick clone solution before Weebly annual renewal was due. This give much needed control of the website back to our client
- Improved hosting environment with better suited resources leading to faster page load speeds and improved SEO / page ranking
- Reduced ongoing operational costs for web hosting and maintenance
- Deployed widely supported WordPress platform with many more customization options available to our client
- Investigated and procured comprehensive list of industry specific and sought after keywords. Along with metrics on monthly traffic and demographic data
- Conducted competitor analysis to give our client a better understanding of organic search traffic metrics for their top five competitors in the industry
- Developed solid SEO strategy and roadmap to outrank the competition
- Standardized design templates and layouts to make further ongoing content publication more efficient and to ensure conformity with branding styles
- Introduced email subscription system for lead magnet or landing pages. Also the same system used for blog post and newsletter subscriptions
- Improved security throughout the site, including a two-factor authentication logon process
- Improved technical SEO configured from the server down and through the WordPress application layer
- Improved on-page and technical SEO leading to faster page-load speeds and higher rankings
- Migrated three email mailboxes with zero data loss and zero downtime
- Implemented a support retainer, including routine monthly maintenance, pro-active monitoring and SEO fitness reporting. This gives our client peace of mind on continued website availability and also an insight into ongoing SEO strategies and their effectiveness
- Increased number of top 10 held positions in Google search for niched user-search queries
- Our efforts brought about a surge in traffic, leading to an increased number of conversions — sales revenues in 2022 were multiple 6-figure sums
Sample page Before PTC assistance and re-design
Same sample optimised page After PTC assistance and re-design
3 months after launch of the new website.
Holding an increased number of top 10 positions in the SERPs for topically relevant keywords targeted during the planning stage of the website. The hard work and extra investment at the planning stage paid off!
Technical implementations / actions
- Deployed shared hosting environment
- Conducted keyword research from a handful of seed keywords
- Procured over 500 topically relevant keywords available for use with monthly volume metrics
- Conducted competitor analysis on top 5 competitors in the niche, giving metrics and stats on the pages they ranked for and the monthly traffic volumes those pages pull
- Steered a content strategy and wider SEO strategy with our client. Together we formed a comprehensive and actionable SEO strategy using delivery milestones to drive more organic traffic to the site. This strategy was based on the keyword reseach and competitor analysis findings we conducted at the very start of the project
- Designed and deployed site as per the site design brief supplied by customer. Design and styling included:
- Child theme with any customization required
- Default template designs and layouts for specific page / posts types and categories
- New site header
- New menu / navigation
- New site footer
- New 404 error page
- Conducted on-page and technical optimizations, including:
- Image library optimization with introduction of WebP technology
- Image lazy load technology
- Font pre-loading
- Conducted site security overhaul, comprising:
- Full site security audit
- Removal of unused themes and plugins
- Software updates, where neccesary
- Introduction of automated daily local backups
- Introduction of automated offsite-backup policy to the cloud
- System to prevent brute-force attcks
- Introduction of 2FA for elevated users / admins
- Designed and deployed CRM platform, including:
- Email newsletter / subscription signup form, with double optin
- SMTP connector configuring for email mailouts on mass
- Rolled-out deployment of enterprise grade CDN
- Introduced an ongoing monthly pro active maintenance and premium support retainer
- Agreed retainer for ongoing SEO fitness efforts and reporting which includes monthly consultancy time to help advance competitive positioning for the business
A sample of the design and layout
What they say about us…
“Setting up a new website can be stressful! I was utterly relieved to find Pages That Convert because Gray and his team completely took away the overwhelm I was feeling.
I needed a quick migration away from my previous web hosting provider, and Pages That Convert didn’t let me down. They were prompt, affordable, and professional, and happy to provide me with excellent advice throughout the process.
Because they did such a great job, I decided to hire them again for a complete website redesign. It’s a job I’d been putting it off as I’d not found the right agency. With Gray, the whole process was carefully planned and executed, with accessible communication.
The whole process was well managed, and I felt included and informed in the site rework and design progress thanks to their project management platform. It let me monitor the progress on the site build and see when I needed to provide content and collaborate with the design team.
Since the new site launch, there’s a significant increase in traffic, thanks to the SEO-optimized design. The site is much faster, and I’m ranking higher on Google, meaning more enquiries and clients.
I’m still working with Gray for his digital marketing assistance. It’s a worthwhile investment and a terrific ROI.
I can’t recommend Pages That Convert highly enough for your website design and online marketing needs. They are experienced, effective, and fantastic partners to help your business grow and flourish.”